Robert Oster Peppermint: Ink Review



Hi everyone - Margaret here, back with a brand new ink review! I was out of the office when we launched the new Robert Oster ink collection, so I was very excited to get to test out the newly added color, Peppermint. I'm a fan of wet inks with good flow, so after asking my teammates about their experiences with these inks, I was ready to give Peppermint a go.


Supplies Used:

Smear Test (Dry Time):
  • 30 seconds. This one took a bit longer to dry than I'm used to. At 20 seconds, you'll still see some smearing, but by 30 seconds, you should be safe.

Drip Test (Water Resistance):
  • Low- If water resistance is an important factor for you, keep looking. This one doesn't hold up to water very well.

Saturation:
  • Low - You can see a significant difference between swabs 1 and 2, and a slight difference between 2 and 3.

Ease of Cleaning:
  • Easy - This one is easy to clean, which is something that's really important to me. No trouble here.

Shading:
  • Medium - I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful shading I saw in this ink with the medium Lamy nib. I can only imagine how good it would look with a flex pen. Peppermint has some gorgeous red sheen to it!

Flow:
  • Medium- I liked the flow of this ink. It was easy and enjoyable to write with, especially on the Rhodia paper.

Packaging and Aesthetics:
  • I really like the bottle that Robert Oster inks come in. They look nice enough in my opinion to keep on your desk. The opening is narrow, but I wouldn't imagine it giving you any trouble when filling your pen. 
  • The ink is handmade in Australia, and the bottle is manufactured in Australia's first carbon neutral plastics plant.  












Inks similar in color:


Summary:
For me, this was a great introduction to the Robert Oster brand! If you're looking for a dark green ink with good flow and beautiful red sheen, I would highly recommend Peppermint. I could see this ink as a great choice to use during the winter for holiday cards. I could also see myself using it as an alternative to an everyday blue or black ink. It's an added bonus that you can get red sheen as well!

You can find Robert Oster Peppermint at GouletPens.com in a 50ml bottle for $16. You can also find it available in a 2ml sample for $1.50.

Have you had a chance to try an ink from the Robert Oster line yet? What did you think?

Write on, 
Margaret

Subscribe to receive free email updates: